New research indicates that the Earth and moon are 60 million years older than previously estimated. That is, the violent collision believed to have created the moon and gave Earth its current form occurred just 40 million years after the solar system formed some 4.5 billion years ago. Previous estimates had the Earth and the moon forming 100 million years after the solar system's formation. How confident are the researchers of their finding? Not super-confident. They acknowledged that the 60 million year figure may be off by as much as 20 million years.No word what young earth creationists think about all this, but probably that science is bullshit and how can xenon gas in quartz crystals tell us anything about anything. And even if it could, Satan just put it there to make people question their faith because he's a dick and that's what he does. Plus meets newcomers at the gates of hell and makes them do jumping jacks clenching red-hot coals between their buttcheeks. That should be reason enough to repent. Thanks to OC, who agrees the earth is only as old as it feels like it is. How old do you feel, Earth? "I dribble pee when I walk." Damn, you are old.
- December 5, 2014: The Day I Made Pizza Hut Cry
- Why Today’s Successful Orion Mission Is Exciting News for the Future of Human Space Exploration – To infinity, and beyond!
- ET deals: HP Pavilion 500z AMD A6 desktop with 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD for $390
- Early Uber Investors Shervin Pishevar And Scott Stanford Raising $250M SherpaEverest Fund
- Shoot Fireballs From Your Hand w/ The PYRO Fireshooter
- New Simpsons Christmas Couch Gag Will Come With An “Obligatory Frozen Reference” – Let it d’oh!
- Bitsbox Debuts Monthly Coding Projects That Teach Kids To Build Simple Apps
- Apple sets its sights on India with plans for 500 new resellers
- Hands On With Sony’s PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console
- Seattle Roundup: Blab, Amptab, Icbrg.io, Dropbox, Alibaba, 9Mile, Fledge
- Ridiculous Rumor Time: Christopher Nolan Is In Talks To Direct Ready Player One? – Press select to SWEAR TO MEEEE
- Don’t Worry, Star Wars Rebels‘ Female Characters Are Getting Toys – “Well, I guess you don’t know everything about women yet.”
- Sixth ‘Battlefield 4′ DLC Pack To Be Announced Next Week
- Tech Agenda 2015: Our Big Year-End Conference in Photos
- Microsoft Releases Cortana In 4 New Countries
- This Week On The TC Gadgets Podcast: CarPlay, Google Glass + Intel, And Star Wars
- Mel’s 2014 holiday gift ideas
- Mark Zuckerberg Takes A Jab At Apple, Says Its Products, Services Are Overpriced
- The Jstyle Leather Wallet Phone Case is sleek and professional
- Daily Deals for December 5, 2014, featuring the Best Holiday Gifts Under $75