The unique haul of bones includes a metre-wide neck vertebra, a thigh bone that stands as tall as a man, and ribs the size of planks, representing the most complete skeleton of a colossal plant-eating titanosaur recovered anywhere in the world. From measurements of the bones, scientists worked out that Dreadnoughtus weighed nearly 60 tonnes and reached 26 metres from snout to tail, making it the largest land animal for which an accurate body mass can be calculated. Though staggering in its dimensions, close inspection of the bones revealed that the animal was not fully grown when it died. "That was a real shock to us," Lacorvara told the Guardian. "When you look at the bones of dreadnoughtus, it's clear this individual was still growing fast. There are no indications of a cessation of growth."Now I know I might have just stripped naked, taped a bunch of leaves to myself and climbed a tree hoping to attract the attention of this new dino, but honestly, I'm more into the carnivorous species. I like to be afraid of being eaten by a lover. If I were a spider, I would only bang black widows. I'm not a spider though, so I smash every one I see with a shoe. Keep going for a size comparison and a video about the newly discovered species.
- Monday Evening Cute: Husky Puppy In Tiny Bowl Struggles For Freedom – Same, puppy. Same.
- Mobile Edge Unveils Verona Laptop/Tablet Tote Bags
- Oh, Okay: Marvel Announces Civil War Reboot, We Think – If only there was some big nerd convention this weekend where you could have told us this news!
- Why can’t the biggest social network on the planet code an app correctly?
- You Can Now Post Stickers In Facebook Comments On iOS, Android App And Web
- What If Mobile App Icons Looked Like This?
- Kristen Stewart: Not Being A Feminist Is “Really Ridiculous” – Breaking D’awesome.
- Dozen!: Matching with dozens of possibilities
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus SA launch date confirmed
- Finnish PM On Apple: They Killed Nokia And Our Paper Industry
- Dorkly Presents: Legend of Zelda, the Most Depressing Timeline – Hey, at least you and your family weren’t cursed to be spiders for all time.
- Anki Drive Finally Works With Android
- Waterfield Designs Spinn Case for iPhone 6 Plus: Review and giveaway
- Microsoft keyboard for Android Wear allows for letter drawing
- A Month of Updates Later, ‘Destiny’ Still Disappoints
- If The iPad Air 2 / Mini 3 Looked Like iPhone 6 / 6 Plus [Concept Images]
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai Urges Girls To Participate In Code.org’s Hour Of Code
- US Post Releases Batman Forever Stamps (Like, Batman Stamps That Are Good Forever, Not The Crappy Movie)
- Wibbitz 3.0 delivers all the top news in bite-sized videos
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ Won’t Feature Quick-Scoping