I tried Marco Polo around the house, first putting the phone on a dresser. That was an easy one -- I said "Marco" and the phone replied. I also put the iPhone under a couple of blankets, and that worked too. Then I put my iPhone in a drawer in the kitchen, and while the sound was muffled, I could hear it respond. Obviously, if I got too far away -- like two rooms away -- it wouldn't trigger. But I would be quite happy to shout out a couple of different "Marco's" to find my lost phone. I don't have the tools for precise measurement, but I didn't see any significant drain on my battery while the app was running. My only suggestion for the developers is that once the phone says "Polo", it might be nice if it emitted a repeating tone to make it easier to pinpoint without having to go through the house yelling "Marco" over and over.Call me an antique, but I still find my lost phone the old fashioned way: tearing the house apart. Then I use somebody else's phone to call and listen for the buzzing (I always keep it on silent). If that doesn't work I accuse my roommates of stealing it, before laying in the shower and trying as hard as I can to remember if I KNOW I had it when I got home from the bar last night. That is never easy. Eventually, I catch myself yelling at my penis for no reason. Look at you -- you're like an earthworm drying up on the sidewalk! Thanks to Thaylor H, who agrees the easiest way to find your phone is only having a corded land line. I miss those days.
- HTC “Hima” Flagship Smartphone of 2015, coming with Snapdragon 805
- Fans of Pippi Longstocking Protest the Removal of Racial Slurs From Children’s Show – If you’re getting sentimental for derogatory terms, it’s time to check your privilege.
- Recent Sony Hack Reveals Huge Diversity Problems and Gender Pay Gap Among Top-Level Executives – Who’s surprised?
- NASA Explains Live at 12PM EST Why Orion Capsule Launch Failed, Retry on for Tomorrow – No scrubs, please.
- Sally Norton: Open your eyes to obesity
- Stephen Hawking Also Thinks Human-Level AI May Lead to Our Destruction, by the Way – Dude sure loves singularities.
- Microsoft’s Azure RemoteApp For Running Windows Apps In The Cloud Comes Out Of Beta
- How To Convert Currencies Right Inside iOS 8 Safari And Notification Center On The Fly
- KREE! This Woman Made A 3D-Printed Stargate That Actually Lights Up And Dials! – Chevron seven, locked.
- LG G Watch R Review
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Android 4.4 Update Released
- Docker Launches Its First Commercial Product And Gets Into Orchestration Tools
- Graphene Armor Would Be Light, Flexible and Far Stronger Than Steel
- Wozniak: Apple’s famed garage start is only a myth
- Start Houston, Presidio Unveil New Network to Fund Local Tech Startups
- Download And Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy S5 Right Now
- The Microsoft Store lists the Yezz Billy 4.7 price at $199
- BBM Beta Update for Windows Phone Sees the Arrival of Stickers, Timed Messages, Message Retraction
- Woot has refurbished Samsung tablets on the cheap today
- App Annie Now Tracks App User Demographics, Sentiment And More